Thank you for being here and checking out the Empowered Performance Community, where I teach principles of human movement and ways to improve performance.
More importantly, this is a learning space where we welcome a group perspective that emphasizes cooperation, critical thinking, and creativity. We want to help you integrate the concepts into any modality, system, therapy or training model, that helps you provide a love of movement to your clients and yourself.
Empowered Performance is more than a course. It gives you a holistic perspective of human movement that goes way beyond biomechanics.
In live lectures, we go through theory but parallel to it – we learn how to integrate the concepts from day one! In week one you start assessing your own movement as well as practicing the concepts right away on yourself or on your clients.
We start with anatomy and biomechanics and move into biotensegrity so that you have a foundational understanding. I teach you how the body is meant to move without compensation, and then all the ways in which we can brilliantly compensate. I always say the body is smarter than we are. I want you to be able to be one step ahead for yourself and your clients.
The calls are very interactive, and you get to ask questions throughout. We often have long discussions and I encourage you to think creatively and share your ideas. It is not just me throwing information at you.
Parallel to the live teaching calls there is a 12 week strength program that you can follow which is accompanied with my support over a slack group. I have created the programming based on the principles that I teach. You get to experience respiratory mechanics, tendon health, plyometrics, shape change accessory work, and more, while you learn the reasons behind picking a certain variation of a drill. The best way to learn is by doing it. This also gives you a chance to notice difficulties, in either execution, or when trying to coach the movement – everything that comes up for you. I encourage you to share in the slack group in comments, or pictures or videos, and you will get my feedback.
The many different puzzle pieces will slowly come together throughout the course, so you can see the full picture in the end. This parts and whole perspective is very helpful because it allows you to zoom in and zoom out when you need to.
What I am teaching you are the principles of biomechanics and biotensegrity, respiratory mechanics, tendon health, gait, pelvic floor and exercise selection and more, based on the latest science.
This is not a cookie cutter program and the content evolves and changes every time I run the course.
I am giving you the tools, and we will actively learn together and then you get to implement it how it suits your clients and your business. I try to teach in the simplest way I know how, and will continuously go over the material from different angles for better understanding.
I truly believe that this experience will deepen and strengthen the foundation you already have and open up new possibilities for you to grow as a coach.
After you finish the course, you are also not left on your own! I have created an Academy membership – where you can continue learning and exploring and improving together with like-minded people if you choose.
Empowered Performance is an active integration of:
- 12 online live group calls that include education on breathing, biomechanics, active self assessment, biotensegrity, tendon health, pelvic floor, gait, foot mechanics, and more, as well as live question and answer.
- 12 weeks of programming designed to get you strong, powerful and athletic. (using Train Heroic) 3 main lifting days and 2 conditioning. At home programming in acse you do not have access to a gym facility.
- Group camaraderie and accountability through an online forum where you can share struggles and triumphs, ask questions and build on concepts.
- Approved for 2.0 CEU's with NSCA and 1.9 CEU's with NASM
- 3 Live Case Studies where i lead the call but we together asses the person in front of us and together discuss how to apply what we have been learning
- 2 live presentations with Dr. Emily Kadish (internal pelvic floor expert) that deep dive into pelvic floor health and give you a whole new lens for understanding the importance of the principles in EP.
- 1 live presentation from Rali Malcheva-Ivanova "Foot Extraordinaire"! Plus a full foot case study which she will lead but you are welcome to actively participate to help you learn to apply the knowledge
- A look from a Running Lens with Alison Marie Helms who is Women's Strength and Running Coach and creator of the Women's Running Academy.
- Small Group Calls facilitated by past participants of EP
- 3 Live Application Calls which are all about practically applying the more advanced concepts in the lectures so we can experience it in our own bodies, discuss practical questions regarding clients and problem solve through areas of uncertainty ising various teaching tools that may not be incorporated in the lectures. There will be 3 applications calls throughout the course.
- A full library of previous guest speakers to further your understanding and inspire you to be an amazing coach, trainer, or therapist!