In Person Training
Complete Postural Assessment
The purpose of the complete postural assessment is for me to get a better understanding of your current alignment and how that is affecting your movement patterns. The assessment will use a sequence of table tests that guide me in understanding your individual muscle strength and weakness, ligament tension and laxity, changes in positions of bones and joints, and ability to recruit and mobilize correct musculature when moving. The goal of the postural assessment is to provide me with a better understanding of your body so we can form a plan that addresses any imbalances. We can use this understanding in ongoing 1 on 1 sessions to give you the best possible workout. We can also use our assessment in Postural Repositioning and Strengthening Sessions to specifically address ways you can manage your own postural imbalances. The postural assessment is 1 hour.
Postural Re-positioning and Strengthening Session
At each Re-positioning and Strengthening Session we will do a short retest to see changes made since the last time we met. We will use the formula from your Postural Assessment to develop a plan for creating strengthening exercises and “stretches” that will enable you to re-position your own body. Each time we meet for a session we will progress these exercises from a stable environment to a less stable environment until we get to a place where your body is able to maintain a neutral spine and pelvis in an unstable environment. Your body’s ability to maintain control while jumping, twisting, running, and doing all your favorite activities is our ultimate goal. Each session is 1 hour.
Using a well rounded strategy that incorporates our Postural Assessment as well as cutting edge information in the fields of sport training, movement, and nutrition, I am dedicated to achieving your long term goals. I will provide more than just a great workout. I will design a plan that is customized to your needs and focused on achieving optimal performance through constant evaluation. There is no one size fits all exercise strategy. It is important to be able to change directions as soon as something is not working. I will provide a level of focus and understanding of movement that will make it possible for me to offer solutions and change movement patterns based on your needs at the moment. Your goals may be gaining strength, losing weight, running a marathon, learning to wakeboard, etc. My goal will always be to get you there in the most advantageous way. Sessions can range from 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on your wants, needs, and goals. Personal training can be 1 on 1 or 2 on 1. Currently taking clients out of my new home studio in Mount Pleasant, SC.
On going training is $150 per hour
A bit more about me as your trainer
I have a passion for helping people achieve their fitness goals while always taking their postural balance and joints into consideration. I believe that it is possible to restore the body while continuing to pursue any movements you love and I know that doing so will provide you with a stronger body and mind and allow you to perform at a peak level no matter how you choose to move. I have been training individuals, groups and athletes for over 20 years.
As a gymnast for 12 years and a lifelong athlete I developed a strong understanding of movement and strength, but, unfortunately, I also developed a multitude of improper movement patterns and musculoskeletal injuries. Because of this unbalanced movement I have a personal understanding of chronic pain. However, my chosen profession has served me well as I also have a scientific understanding of how to fix that chronic pain through my education. My own personal journey has allowed me to develop a deep passion and empathy for all of my clients and anyone suffering from chronic pain. My educational background, devotion to lifelong learning in my field, and enthusiasm for understanding human movement allow me to stay fully engaged in my clients fitness at every session.
I hold a degree in Nutrition and Exercise Science from Florida State University and I am a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist as well as a Certified Personal Trainer through NSCA. I have advanced training through the Postural Restoration Institute in Postural Restoration’s Myokinematic Restoration, Postural Respiration. Pelvis Restoration, And Cervical Revolution. I also have an Advanced Weight Loss and Sport Nutrition Certification with Precision Nutrition.
SO WHAT DOES ALL OF THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
- I have spent my entire life educating myself on human movement so that I can truly help you understand your body and how to get it functioning at its best.
- I am committed to constant learning so as new ideas and research emerge I will always be eyes and ears wide open so I can better serve my clients.
- I not only can help you get stronger but I can perform a complete assessment of Lumbo-Pelvic-Femoral Pathomechanics (in layman’s terms – I can assess the relationship of the position of the bones of the hips, legs, and knees and how they function with the ligaments and muscles) and help guide your body back into alignment so that you can avoid or fix common issues such as low back pain, knee pain, SI pain, “piriformis syndrome” and many other issues.
- I can assess thorax, rib, and diaphragm positioning and function, as well as breathing pattern disorders. Using this knowledge I can help prevent overuse of accessory respiratory muscles that may lead to injury or pain in the shoulders, neck, mid and lower back.
- I can develop a program that address all of these issues whether your goal is to look better, feel better, train for an athletic event, perform better at your sport, or just to have a kick butt, sweaty, calorie burning, workout! Whatever your goal is, I can get you there with a healthy body!
- I can teach you to take care of your own body using research based exercises that help keep you in alignment during your time spent moving without me.
- I can motivate you and be your cheerleader when you feel you are up against insurmountable odds. I want everyone to feel what it’s like to love moving. I can help you feel like and move like an athlete.
- I hope to develop an online resource that provides you with information as clients that you can use to better understand and help your body and fitness goals. For fellow trainers and movement focused professionals, I hope to share my ideas and passions so we can all form discussions and learning through engaging and learning with and from each other.
In addition to being a trainer, I’m a mom, a wife, and a strong woman. I can still run, surf, wakeboard, hike, bike, swim, kick butt in the gym, do pullups, flip in the air, walk on my hands across the room, and anything else I set my mind to. My most recent passion is kiteboarding which I picked up at 39. I intend to move and find happiness in movement for as long as I can.